Tuition fees and living expenses
After submitted documents are checked and the applicant successfully passes entrance examinations, the faculty provides a student with a study contract for studying at Moscow State University. The contract is concluded for the entire period of study. The official Order of enrollment is issued after the contract is signed and tuition fees for the 1stsemester are paid.
Estimated expenses for studying and living in Moscow:
- A preparatory course in the Russian language and major subjects at the Institute of Russian Language and Culture https://www.en.irlc.msu.ru/study_at_irlc/pre_university_programme from September 1 to June 30 (for programs taught in Russian, if you do not speak Russian to the extent necessary to study at a degree program) - $ 6,000;
- Tuition fees at the faculty of your choice https://www.msu.ru/en/address/index.html#mm
- The cost of living in a student dormitory is about 14,000 rubles per month, depending on living conditions;
- Voluntary medical insurance policy http://studentin.msu.ru/medicine-eng, mandatory for foreign citizens (the policy includes a preventive medical examination and the issuance of a health certificate in the form of 086 https://www.msu.ru/upload/pdf/2020/dms.pdf) – about 12,500 rubles per 12 months, depending on the insurance company;
- Expenditures on translation and legalization of the academic documents – not less than 5,000 rubles;
- Expenses on food – about 15,000 rubles per month
- Other personal expenses – about 10,000 rubles per month
- The use of books in the university library is free.
- MSU does not provide scholarships for self-financed students.