INTEGRATED TEST OF RUSSIAN AS A FOREIGN LANGUAGE, RUSSIAN HISTORY AND BASIC PRINCIPLES OF THE R. F. LEGISLATION
On integrated test
The integrated test is conducted for foreign nationals to assess their level of proficiency in Russian as a foreign language as well as their knowledge of Russian history and the basic principles of the R. F. legislation.
The minimum level of knowledge and proficiency required to pass the test are approved by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation:
For Russian as a foreign language:
- to be able to read small-sized texts (advertisements, announcements, signboards, inscriptions, indexes, interview excerpts, short texts on regional studies); to define the main topic of the text; and to understand the general sense of passage, main ideas and additional information;
to be able to fill out questionnaires, application forms, forms of order, notifications (e.g. on collection of parcel from post office, money remittance etc.), to write an application letter for a job, a formal school acceptance letter. The types and general topics of texts are relevant for official, professional and social spheres of communication;
- to understand aurally the main contents and significant details of the monologue and dialogue (communicative intentions of its participants) in speech settings typical for social, everyday, official, professional and socio-cultural spheres of communication;
- to be able to create coherent, logical oral monologues on a given topic according to communicative task and as well as engage in dialogic communication in a limited set of situations of formal, professional and social spheres of communication;
- while speaking, to use a limited language set of skills and abilities to include appropriate vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation and intonation.
The amount of lexical minimum is 850 words.
For Russian History:
- to know the basic facts and events of the Russian history according to historical chronology and the main monuments of history and culture associated with them;
- to know the main religious faiths, national, cultural and religious traditions of Russian society;
- to know the names of prominent political and public leaders, the most influential figures in Russia’s science and culture, their contribution to the history of the development of Russian society and world culture.
For the Basic Principles of the R. F. Legislation
- to know the fundamentals of the constitutional system of the Russian Federation;
- to know the basic rights, freedoms and duties of foreign nationals in the Russian Federation;
- to know the rules for the entry of foreign citizens into the Russian Federation, stay and residence in the territory of the Russian Federation, as well as exit from the Russian Federation;
- to know the basics of civil, family and labor law of the Russian Federation;
- to know the procedure for interaction with government authorities of the Russian Federation;
- to know the basics of legal responsibility of foreign citizens in the Russian Federation;
- to know the basics of interaction of foreign citizens with their respective diplomatic missions or consulates.
The lexical minimum required for foreigners nationals with regard to the Russian history and basic principles of the legislation of the Russian Federation should amount 500 words. While taking the exam examinees are allowed to use terminological dictionaries on history and law.
Examination procedure and other information>>